Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Retro books

I love most things retro. Hence when I discovered this Classic Books website, I was thrilled! Part of the United States' online Library of Congress, it has digital version of vintage children's books that you can browse. Categorized according to age, it has books for kids and teens. I love the rich illustrations of these books and their standard of the English language. It is good to know that something is done to preserve such treasures.
Pixs credit: www.read.gov
While my son is not allowed any television at his tender young age of 18 months, occasionally we would give him an online video or digital book treat. He would sit on my lap as we browse some of the books here. One of our favorites is Apple Pie by Kate Greenaway. I hope your tot will enjoy these digital online books as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment